1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. chunky peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg well beaten
1/2 c. milk
Sift flour, add baking powder, soda and salt.
Cream together shortening and peanut butter.
Gradually blend in sugar and brown sugars. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk, mix well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in moderate oven 375º about 12 minutes.
cool on rack
Yield: about 3 dozen.
This was the peanut butter cookie recipe mom always made when I was growing up.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (41)
- Happy New Years Everyone 2009 !
- We're Back Online YIPPEE!!
- MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
- Christmas is almost here and......
- Christmas Sale at my Store...
- The Simple Woman's Daybook,Dec. 17, 2008
- Our Wedding Anniversary ! !
- Morning Sky 12/14/08
- New Blogs Added ! !
- The Simple Woman's Daybook,Dec. 8, 2008
- Aprons and Towel/Hot-Pad sets for sale !
- The Pictures I Promised!!!!!
- Mom's Freedom Eagle
- Sewing & Craft Pictures Coming!!!!
- No title
- Banana Split Cake
- Peanut Butter Crunchies
- Cream Cheese Bars
- Gloomy Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2008
- ▼ December (21)
Post a Comment