Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is almost here and......

I haven't made out the first Christmas Card yet!

I did bake 2 kinds of cookies yesterday, Chocolate Chip and 9 Layer cookies! LOL !!

Talk about being slow, this is the worst I've ever been! I just can't seem to get into the holidays' this year. I don't seem to have much spirit for some reason. I think a lot of it is missing mom and not having any other family or friends near to share the holidays with. It's really hitting me hard this year. I think that is the main reason I haven't been posting too much on here right now.

I will get myself back on the right track! I promise, I have a lot of ideas for all 3 blogs so I've got to get the lead out and get busy....right after the holidays.

Today I was digging around in the walk-in where I keep all of my sewing stash and brought out all of my patterns. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I was wanting to make some new clothes for me and for Kevin...well ... all of MY patterns seem to be a lot smaller in size than I am!!! I didn't know patterns could change size like that sitting in a closet !! LOL.

Well,,,,I know I'm not fooling any of you all, the patterns didn't shrink, I expanded (a lot more than I had thought)!! I knew I had gained weight but WOW I didn't think I had gotten that much bigger!!

I think it is time to do some serious changing of eating and exercise habits and soon!! Kevin and I both need to lose a lot of weight so I need to sit down and work with my diabetic diet plan (no I haven't been following it at all) :>( I know, I'm bad ! I'm glad I didn't do a whole lot of baking. I froze almost all of the chocolate chip cookies and just left the "9 Layer Cookies" out because they don't freeze well.

I had advertised my 12qt. canner for sale on the local radio bargain barn. I didn't think it was going to sell because it had been 2 weeks and on the last day it was listed I got a call. The lady came and picked it up last night. I hated to sell it but we have an electric stove (a furnished, cheap one!) in the apartment and the weight of the canner with just water in it was too much weight for the burner. The canner was sitting right on the stove top and scorched the top of the stove. I was able to get it clean thankfully! I wouldn't have been able to lift it full of jars with my back the way it is. I would love to have a gas stove again!!! I hate electric!!

I still have my small pressure cooker/canner that will do 4 pints at a time. I need to get a new pressure valve and gasket for it and it will be ready to use. My Christmas present to myself!! I want to be able to can up our left overs instead of freezing them. I also dehydrate a lot of things too.

Tomorrow and the next few days will be spent behind the sewing machine so I can get Kevin's things finished for Christmas. I may not be here much the next couple of days except to check -in.

I have a sale going on at the store blog for a limited time!

I believe this is starting to turn into a book so I had better end this soon.

I have enjoyed reading all of your wonderful blogs and your comment on my posts, thank you, and about your plans for Christmas.

Have a good night and God Bless all of you,

Blessings and Joy,
Brenda

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi,

I understand your feelings. My mother in law died in March. For 37 years she was my mom and her loss has me very sad this holiday season. My doc and I had a long talk about loss and she let me cry the whole visit. I felt much better and have a brighter outlook. The sadness is there, but I am better for having a compassionate doctor who just let me unload. I let the blog go and my stores for a few weeks, but now I`m doing much better.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas,
Cathy

Brenda said...

Hi Cathy, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your MIL. It is hard to deal with. I think it would be easier for me if I had family or friends to talk to things about.

I am the last of my immediate family..no parents, siblings or children. Support groups use the term "adult orphan" for people who have no family members left. My DH and I really have no social life either, this town has very little to offer.
I have found that blogging is helping me though and even making me want to get back to sewing and crafting!
I hope you have the best holiday season you can!
Blessings and peace,
Brenda

TO BECOME said...

My Mother died two weeks before Christmas 17 years ago. It was hard for a time but then I remembered that she is in heaven where all is beauty and joy with the Lord. It is I that was not being happy with her being gone. But each year, it has gotten easier. We will never forget them and we will always love them but they would want us to be happy and especially at Christmas time. I wish you much happiness dear, Brenda.

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and I wish that I could give you a big hug, so I guess you can just consider yourself hugged all the way through this e-net.

I am diabetic also. I have just the last few months excepted that I am. So I am trying to do better but it is hard sometimes. I love to cook and I have always loved to eat,not over eat particularly but eat. Eat all the wrong things for a diabetic.

I do have another blog if you would like to visit it sometime it is my weight loss blog. Nothing special just me talking about the problems that I have trying to lose the weight and continueing to try and not giving up. you can find it at http://willorway.blogspot.com you are welcome to come over and visit after the holiday if you would like. Happy sewing. connie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey Brenda,
You sound like me this year..I did not do cards this year and just yesterday we delivered our holiday goodies to the neighbors..all 13 of them...it was snowy and perfect for doing so..but was done last year a week earlier..we are getting a white christmas this year..a first in about 18 years..I have met many wonderful folks by blogging and have enjoyed it so much! I am grateful to you all..I have added you to my daily reads...Take care and all the best for 2009...I am with you on the diet part as well..we both need to lose weight and be healthier...Merry Christmas!
Gina :)

Brenda said...

((((Connie)))),
Your comments always make me feel so good after reading them! Thank you so much my dear friend.It seems like we have battled our way through a lot of the same things. I hope you consider yourself hugged right back from me!
I haven't done too bad in my eating as far as sweet stuff goes. I just haven't been eating proper meals at all.:(
I will check out your other blog ASAP.
I hope you and your family have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!
God Bless, Brenda

Brenda said...

Hi Gina, I did finally get those cards made out and mailed on Monday! I doubt if anyone gets them until after Christmas though LOL, oh well.
We are getting a lot of rain right now, but no snow!
I have found that blogging is really starting to help me deal with things. I haven't posted to much the last couple of weeks but plan on doing a lot of it after the first of the year....especially on the store and cookbook blogs! I have a lot of things I want to share on this blog too!
I ought to add a diet post on here maybe that will help me and anyone else who wants to join in keep on track... we can all help each other! ;)
Have a Merry Christmas,
Hugs and Blessings,
Brenda