Today is our 6th wedding anniversary. Kevin and I were married, Dec.14,2002. We just had a very small ceremony and reception in the sunroom at the nursing home so mom could be a part of our day!
She still knew what was going on around her even though she had already started to lose her ability to speak...she just made sounds. Mom could still show emotion though. We had pre-taped some music and when Ave Maria played mom started crying. It was played at her and daddy's wedding too and I guess it brought back a lot of memories for her.
Our wedding day was a bittersweet day for all of us but at least mom was a part of it!
We've had a lot of ups and downs over the last 6 years like everyone does. Kevin fell 2 1/2 years ago and fractured the femur in his left leg and that has left him with some mobility problems. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia in all of my joints especially my back and legs so I have some mobility problems too. We don't give up though! Hopefully we'll have many more years together too!
Kevin made this for us to remember the day! (pronounced "Witty") :
Thanks for sharing our day with us!
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (41)
- Happy New Years Everyone 2009 !
- We're Back Online YIPPEE!!
- MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
- Christmas is almost here and......
- Christmas Sale at my Store...
- The Simple Woman's Daybook,Dec. 17, 2008
- Our Wedding Anniversary ! !
- Morning Sky 12/14/08
- New Blogs Added ! !
- The Simple Woman's Daybook,Dec. 8, 2008
- Aprons and Towel/Hot-Pad sets for sale !
- The Pictures I Promised!!!!!
- Mom's Freedom Eagle
- Sewing & Craft Pictures Coming!!!!
- Banana Split Cake
- Peanut Butter Crunchies
- Cream Cheese Bars
- Gloomy Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2008
- ▼ December (21)