Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm back, with a new computer :) .........

my other computer bit the dust or so we thought. I now have a 10" Acer Aspire One Netbook. It sure is a big change from a full size computer with a 15 1/2" monitor! The small keyboard is taking some getting used too also. I can at least visit with you all again. We scrounged up every extra?? penny we had between us to get it. We had the money in mind for a new chair for Kevin so he wouldn't have to sit in his wheel chair all the time. We are now saving toward the chair again.

I hope you are all doing ok. I need to visit all of your blogs and get caught up. It seems like there is always so much to do in the summer. I have 6 tomato plants in pots with 8 little tomatoes between them. I got them started late. I also have 3 zucchini plants and the 1st zucchini will be ready to eat tomorrow. I think there are 4 or 5 more on the plants but it will be a few days before they will be ready.

We have a small Farmers Market here in town and I have bought enough zucchini to shred and fill 24 bags with 2 cups per bag, they are in the freezer for future use. I bought 3 miniature Sunflower plants , they only get about 18" tall and all 3 have buds. I will post pictures as soon as they are in full bloom...I can't wait!!

I was able to get a few fresh green beans and new potatoes...they tasted so good. I still have a few potatoes left they may become potato salad, mmmm sounds good to me!

I also tried a couple of new breads....Pineapple-Banana Nut Bread and Lemon Tea Bread, both were delicious. I found a couple of recipes for them on the internet, as soon as I try them and see if they are like the ones I bought I will share them with you.

I hope you all have a great day and I will visit with you again soon.

Hugs and Blessings,
Brenda

1 comment:

Tipper said...

Good to hear your doing well. Hope the new computer works out for you -and all your plants produce bucket loads!