Friday, July 9, 2010

Short little catch-up before I call it a night.

I hope you all have had a good day! We had a pretty good one here. I just keep thinking that next week this time the surgery will be over and I will be on the road to recovery, hopefully. I've been doing a lot of talking to the Man Upstairs to help me get through all of this. I know He's been listening because He's lifted a big weight off my shoulders.I can't imagine anyone not having God in their lives, but I know many don't and that is sad. They are missing out on the most wonderful experience.

I just finished making out my grocery list for tomorrow. I'll be lucky if I will be able to get 1/4 of what I need but we will make do. I thank God everyday that I was brought up learning how to stretch food and everything else as far as it will go. I don't think there is anything that goes to waste around here, be it food or other things, I can always find a way to re-cycle things into something else. Kevin is really good about eating some of the crazy concoctions I come up with. It fills us up and I make sure it is healthy. I can up the leftovers if there is enough for later meals rather than freeze them. I don't have to worry if the power goes out or anything thing, they will keep.

I just wanted to stop by and say HI and that I'm thinking of all of you. I want to try and get back in the habit of posting here daily, writing seems to help calm me down and put things in perspective. Thanks to you all for being here to listen. I'd love to here any comments or suggestions you may have, I value your input!!!

I hope to get an early start to beat some of the crowds in Walmart, Saturdays can be a real pain.

Take care and have a peaceful night.

Hugs and blessings,
Brenda

2 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Praying for you, Brenda. I know God will take care of you. love you, connie

Brenda said...

Thank you Connie,

The surgery went fine last Friday, but the surgeon did get a surprise. My uterus was full of fibroid tumors. I will find out next Tuesday the biopsy results. He seemed confident they were benign. I pray that he is right. I was home the following day, & I'm getting around a little better now. This has been a long week of reminding myself I can't lift, stretch, bend, drive or anything else until he says it's ok.

I so want to get back to blogging. I found FaceBook, unfortunately, and it is great for taking up time I don't have to spend there. I have re-connected with old friends there , but there is so much BS on there too. I sometimes think FaceBook is the devil's new playground!

Thanks for stopping by! love you, Brenda