Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beautiful Day and I'm Feeling Better!!!!


Today and yesterday were both beautiful days. The first we've seen in a while around here. It was a little warmer yesterday but it was still nice to get out of the apartment for a while today , even if it was just to go to the store for a few things. We had some rain last night and it seems to have helped things green up a little. Elaine, my cousin in KY, has been telling me for days now how green it is and how long the grass is getting. They will be mowing (and raking) as soon as they get the mower fixed.

Elaine has been trying to find a few acres where we could both move to. Elaine and David(her DH) and Kevin(my DH) and I would share the property and each have a home of our own. Elaine and I have plans for chickens, goats and a Jersey milk cow for starters. They raise Registered Black Angus but we want a cow for milking and to make cheese and butter. Elaine and I are so much alike it's scary. We both have the traits of our grandmother as far as living off the land and being self-sufficient and very frugal. We both have a lot of old-fashioned ways of doing things LOL!

Kevin and I were going to move in to an apartment there until we found some property but that would mean moving twice for us, so we are just going to stay here until she finds something. I am starting to sort through things and packing up what we want to take with us that we don't need to use right now. The rest I plan to sell hopefully.

I will be listing a lot of the things I have to sell on my store blog as soon as I can get some pictures taken. The vintage things I just want to go to homes where they will be loved, I'm not trying to make a lot of money from them.

I hope to be able to start adding a few recipes here and there to my Cookbook blog too so keep an eye on that too.

I've got my mind made up to get back to blogging like when I first started. Writing was really helping me and I have missed it so now I am back!!!

I've missed you all and I hope to visit with you all on your blogs soon too...I have a lot of catching up to do!

See you tomorrow,
Hugs and Blessings,
Brenda

4 comments:

tam said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I have been not blogging as my usual self either-still trying to get caught up! Life happens I guess!I will watching for your vintage items you list, and if I have a little mad money at the time I can treat myself. Hope you have an awesome weekend!~Smiles~Tam!

Brenda said...

Thanks Tam, I think real life gets in the way of having computer time to often. I guess that is just life though LOL.

I hope to take some pictures of the things I want to put in the store, IF, my camera batteries will hold up!!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,Brenda

TO BECOME said...

Dear Brenda, I am so glad that you are back and feeling better. It sounds like you have wonderful plans. I hope they turn our just as you want. Hope you have a very good day. connie

Brenda said...

Thanks Connie, I don't think our plans are going to develop as we had hoped :<( . Long story. Life goes on though...
Hugs Brenda