Friday, February 27, 2009

Time Flies & Good News!

It seems like it was just a couple of days ago that I posted and it has been a week already! Time is just going by way to fast. I just can't seem to get back into the groove of things since I was sick. Kevin and I still aren't feeling that good...just can't seem to get that flu bug out of the apartment. I think our energy went out the door instead of the flu!! LOL

I do have some surprisingly GOOD NEWS! I had found an old insurance policy in moms things that was from 1960. I didn't think it was worth anything but have been holding on to it anyway. I called the insurance company the other day just out of curiosity and couldn't believe what they told me. The policy is still on file and there are actually 2 policies and I can claim them both!!! WooHoo!! The face value is $1000.00 each but it will take them a couple of weeks to figure out the dividends since the polices are so old. I was also told that they had turned a cash compensation over to unclaimed funds for over $1700.00. I still can't believe it.

I started wondering if I had an old policy from that company and I do. I just need to update all my info and then I can surrender the policy for almost $900.00 and I have unclaimed funds for around $600.00 too. I figured as it stands now without knowing the dividend amount it is all worth over $5100.00. It will take about a month to get the money from the insurance company and 3-4 months from unclaimed funds.

Kevin and I are desperately in need of a newer van that is lower to the ground so he is able to ride in it. Our van is a 1993 Ford Aerostar that is high off the ground. Kevin is unable to climb into the van since his fall a couple of years ago and is pretty much housebound and going stir crazy in here. The initial money from the insurance company will give us enough for a down payment on another van. I guess God heard our prayers and led me in the right direction to find this help we so desperately needed. Thank you God for hearing our prayers! I have started the mountain of paperwork that will be involved in all of this!!

I spent the day today trying to work on a couple of pairs of pants that Kevin found on sale in a catalog. He had to get a larger size than he needed to get the sale price, they were out of his size, so I am taking these down a size. The reality of how bad my arthritis and fibromyalgia are getting really hit me hard today, more about that in another post.

I hope you all have a good evening and I will be checking back in and hopefully will be able to sit and catch up on all of your blogs.

Hugs and blessings,
Brenda

No comments: