Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Good Day to Can Chili !!

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. I've got that cold/flu bug that everyone else has and it's really been getting me down. Kevin has it too and hasn't felt a bit good either. I know it's bad when I don't even feel like getting on the computer much!

I made a huge pot of chili yesterday...good comfort food! I made plenty extra and I'm going to can that today. I know I will have at least 4 pints and I'm hoping maybe there is enough to make 8 pints, we'll see. I'll let you know later how it went. It's been a while since I have canned anything. I got the parts I needed for my pressure canner a few days ago and put it together yesterday and tried it out and it seems to be working good. I was so happy, I've really missed being able to can up leftovers! I will take pictures if I can find some batteries that have enough charge left in them for the camera!

It is so cold but the good thing is we didn't get as much snow as they predicted. I heard the snow plow last night around 11PM clearing out the streets of the apartment complex. It is done by a private contractor. I wish we had a wood burning stove I so miss that good warm heat. We are all electric here and have a heat pump which does not put out much heat when it is cold. We have to keep 2 electric heaters going 24/7 to make up for what the heat pump doesn't do. I hate to see what the electric bill will be next month!

I'm hoping after I'm finished canning the chili I can get back on here for a while so I can visit all of your blogs and catch up on what you all have been up to. I've missed sharing the good and bad times with you, my friends.

I had better go for now and get ready to mess up the kitchen for a while.
Take care,

Blessings and Hugs,
Brenda

No comments: